Wow! Rich Brooks of flyte new media at takeflyte.com delivered a FABULOUS, information-packed presentation at the Teachers pay Teachers Conference in Nashville. Rich identified 4 main points which he calls the BARE essentials of digital marketing.
- Build your platform
- Attract new customers
- Retain customers
- Evaluate your business
Easier said than done, right???
Rich was a fount of information and he went on to recommend some very specific steps. He was talking very fast so I did not get them all. Here are a few of his main recommendations that stood out to me.
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly.
- Make sure your site is fast and nimble. Slow sites lose viewers.
- Design for good results. Lead your customers through your site.
- Don’t use too many colors. Make your website look professional.
- Make buttons POP. Always use the same color for action buttons throughout your site.
- Use Contact Forms. They help protect you from spam.
For more guaranteed worthwhile tips check out his website, podcasts, and book.
- Rich’s Blog and Flyte School https://www.takeflyte.com/
- Agents of Change Weekly Podcast https://www.theagentsofchange.com/
- The Lead Machine, The Small Business Guide to Digital Marketing, (affiliate link) Kindle version is available for free, a paperback is also available.
Another recommendation that Rich shared was to BUY YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME. I know that all caps can be annoying, but, this was his strongest recommendation. I was able to purchase a specific domain name and I am working on migrating my website to my new WordPress site. Website migration can be a tedious process and there is a fairly steep learning curve. Please be patient.
What BARE essentials of digital marketing tips do you have? What platform are you using? Are you happy with it? Leave a comment below.
More posts to check out.